No budget for gear or software? No recording experience? No problem!
If you think you the only way to record pro audio is to pay for recording studio time or buy expensive gear to record at home, I have great news...
Without spending more than about $5 for gear or software, you can record audio at home using the same techniques used by the pros! Start learning how in the next 30 minutes.
Who Is This Course For?
It's for: The aspiring musician who wants more professional sounding recordings
It's for: The aspiring songwriter who wants a more professional sounding demo
It's for: Aspiring voice-over actors who want their demos to stand out from all the others
It's for: Anyone who wants first-class audio for podcasts, presentations, videos, and more
In 2018 all you need is a computer, a sound card and a microphone. With an inexpensive mic and some free software, you can create professional sounding audio in seconds. Most people simply don't know how.
Enter The Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 1: The Basics With Audacity
We will show you step-by-step how set up your own studio on your computer using free software (called Audacity) and only one piece of equipment, which you probably already have - any type of microphone (even a $5 PC mic is enough to learn the techniques).
This 9-lesson (16 total short but powerful videos) course is chock-full of incredible home recording tips. And the best part - You can start right now without having to spend more than $0-$5 in software or equipment. All you need is a computer and access to the internet.
You'll learn how to:
- Record your voice into your computer using free software
- Edit your recording to make it sound great
- Add a music track to your voice track (using royalty free music)
- Mix the music and voice tracks together to produce a sample podcast intro
- Create MP3s
- Create loops
- Overdub for lush voices and vocal harmony
And lots more...
“Best Home Recording Tutorial I’ve Invested In”
Jake, I want to congratulate you on an excellent job. The Home Brew Audio Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness is the best home recording tutorial I’ve invested in. I am simply amazed at what you were able to do on a home computer without using expensive recording equipment. Thanks!!
“Rich and Radio-Friendly Vocals”
“Awesome delivery! Entertaining, informative and humorous! Thank You”
“I Truly enjoy your very clear teaching style”
“Your tutorials get to the meat and potatoes of what I needed to get going right away. I had subscribed to some other online courses for the software, but I have found yours to be the best starting point for me to get up and moving forward with it. Truly enjoy your very clear teaching style. Thanks!”
-Edgar Villanueva Reyes
Cool Blue Music Cafe Studio
"Very helpful and easy to learn videos. Thank you for the lessons. Subscribed."
- Supratim Dutta
"The best tutorial I've ever seen! 😀 Very engaging and I'll be composing now!"
- Luca Manfield
Here are two sample videos from the course (note: in order to demonstrate decent audio with a $5.00 studio, no expensive gear was used to record the videos. I recorded this tutorial with just a PC mic and on-board sound card):
- Intro: “Start Using the Recording Studio You Didn’t Know You Had!”
- Lesson 1: Your First Recording
- Lesson 2: It’s Recorded…Now What? – Editing Your Audio
- Lesson 3: It’s Recorded…AND Edited…Now What? – Producing Your Audio
- Lesson 4: What is an MP3? – How to create audio for the web
- Lesson 5: Multi-Track Recording, (2 parts) – Learn the “Killer App” of audio recording, over-dubbing…otherwise known as “multi-track recording.” How to use the free recording software, Audacity, to make your 1st multi-track recording!
- Lesson 5a: Singing Harmony With Yourself” Even if you’re not a “singer,” this is mind-goggling awesome! Be your own backing vocals, acapella group, doo-wop group, or even choir!
- Lesson 5b: Vocal Doubling – How to double-your voice to get the sound so popular in hip-hop and pop recordings, as well as in radio ad TV ad voice-overs.
- Lesson 6: Loops – Music for Non-Musicians
- Lesson 7: Intro to FX – Equalization and Frequency
- Lesson 8: EQ&FX pt2 – Using FX To Solve Audio Problems: Learn how to fix “P-pops” (also called “plosives”) using equalization (EQ).
- Lesson 9: The Pros and Cons of the Zero-Five Dollar Budget – All previous lessons have been do-able on a “0-5 dollar” budget. That will be enough for 80-90 percent of you. Learn the limitations of that budget level, and how to level-up for about $50 per level!