At Last! Pro Audio Recording Made Easy, Fun & Affordable For Anyone
If you think recording professional audio means you have to go to a commercial recording studio, or else buy (and learn to use) expensive and complicated gear, we’ve got great news!
You Dont. And You Don’t.
If you’ve gone to a commercial recording studio to record your music or voice-over demos, you know it can be intimidating. And there’s no doubt that it’s expensive.
But audio recording is very technical and hard to learn. So if you don’t have a lot of money it may seem like you’ll never be able to record your songs or start that voice-over career. It really feel like you’re stuck.
Wouldn’t it be great if someone could show you – in a way that’s clear and easy-to-understand – how you can record your own professional audio at home on your computer? And wouldn’t it also be great if it turned out you didn’t need a ton of expensive gear or software to do it?
Well here is the good news…
The Newbies Guide to Audio Recording Awesomeness does both of those things!
Spend your valuable time actually creating awesome recordings. At home, and on your own schedule. Our short but powerful video tutorials show you only what you need to know, without wasting your time. You’ll be up and running in just a few hours.
And even better, you’ll be able to create incredible audio with very inexpensive gear. For example – below is a montage of recordings made by me (Yup – that’s me doing all the harmony singing and voice-overs) on an easy-to-set-up, inexpensive computer-based recording studio:
The Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness is a series of tutorial videos that starts at the very beginning.
In Part 1, you can start with no experience and spend no more than about 5 bucks on gear. All you need is a computer and a computer microphone. Even one of those plastic PC mics is fine at this point (that’s where the $5 comes in). You’ll be using free recording software called Audacity to learn the basics of audio recording.
This 9-lesson (17 total short but powerful videos) course is chock-full of incredible home recording tips.
You’ll learn how to do such awesome audio feats as:
- Recording a voice-over and putting music behind it
- Overdubbing for lush voices and vocal harmony
- How to use and create loops
- Basic multi-track production and audio editing, and more
Lessons in Newbies Guide 1 Include:
- “Start Using the Recording Studio You Didn’t Know You Had!”
- Lesson 1: Your First Recording
- Lesson 2: It’s Recorded…Now What? – Editing Your Audio
- Lesson 3: It’s Recorded…AND Edited…Now What? – Producing Your Audio
- Lesson 4: What is an MP3? – How to create audio for the web
- Lesson 5: Multi-Track Recording, (2 parts) – Learn the “Killer App” of audio recording, over-dubbing…otherwise known as “multi-track recording.” How to use the free recording software, Audacity, to make your 1st multi-track recording!
- Lesson 5a: Singing Harmony With Yourself” Even if you’re not a “singer,” this is mind-goggling awesome! Be your own backing vocals, acapella group, doo-wop group, or even choir!
- Lesson 5b: Vocal Doubling – How to double-your voice to get the sound so popular in hip-hop and pop recordings, as well as in radio ad TV ad voice-overs.
- Lesson 6: Loops – Music for Non-Musicians
- Lesson 7: Intro to FX – Equalization and Frequency
- Lesson 8: EQ&FX pt2 – Using FX To Solve Audio Problems: Learn how to fix “P-pops” (also called “plosives”) using equalization (EQ).
- Lesson 9: The Pros and Cons of the Zero-Five Dollar Budget – All previous lessons have been do-able on a “0-5 dollar” budget. That will be enough for 80-90 percent of you. Learn the limitations of that budget level, and how to level-up for about $50 per level!
Here are two sample videos from Part 1 (note: in order to demonstrate decent audio with a $5.00 studio, no expensive gear was used to record the videos. I recorded this tutorial with just a PC mic and on-board sound card):
In Part 2, we raise things to a whole new level, taking you well into the realm of professional quality audio recording using the incredible software called Reaper, a professional audio recording program costing and insanely low price of $60! We’ll show you how to use the same techniques the pros use. You get 14 lessons taking you from the basics of creating a voice-over narration to recording an entire pop song.
- Automation tips and tricks for voice-over recording
- True multi-track recording with panning, track effects, etc.
- Core audio editing concepts and techniques like EQ, compressions and more
- How to use virtual instruments and MIDI – you’ll use Reaper’s built-in virtual keyboard and synth instrument and some free drum samples!
- How to use loops to create entire songs – you’ll learn where to get loops and how to create your own
- How to record and mix your own instruments and vocals to produce your own songs, and tons more awesomeness
Lessons in Newbies Guide 2 Include:
- Lesson 1 – Recording “Level-Up”: USB Mic and Reaper Software
- Lesson 2 – Your 1st Recording With the Upgraded Studio: USB Mic and Reaper Software
- Lesson 3 – Your 1st Recording With the Upgraded Studio: Producing Your Audio
- Lesson 4 – Voice-Over Recording Tips: Split 1 Audio Item Into Many With Auto Trim/Split
- Lesson 5 – Voice-Over Recording Tips: Easily and Quickly Reposition and Align Multiple Audio Items
- Lesson 6 – Voice-Over Recording Tips: Multiple Voices/Conversation
- Lesson 7 – Saving one file as lots of Little Files with Their Own File Name
- Lesson 8 – Multi-Track Recording
- Lesson 9 – Sing Harmony With Yourself in Reaper
- Lesson 10 – Vocal Doubling
- Lesson 11 – Intro to MIDI and Virtual Instrument
- Lesson 12 – Loops
- Lesson 13 – EQ and Frequency
- Lesson 14 – Be a 1-Person Band: “My Eyes” Tutorial
- Lesson 15 – Editing Video In Reaper
- Lesson 16 – Compression
Here are two sample videos from Part 2, Pro Recording With Reaper:
The Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 1 and 2 packs both parts into one course. All 23 lessons (a total of 36 short awesome videos) are included as streaming videos you watch right from our site, along with PDF transcripts of each video. And if you wish to download the videos to your computer, we also provide links for you to do that so you can watch the videos even if you are not on-line.
Here are some of the things people are saying about Home Brew Audio (note: these are all unsolicited comments from real people.)
What you get:
- Immediate access to all the videos in the course. Note: Since there are so many videos (35 in all), and that would be one HECK of a download, you will be given a log-on to homebrewaudio.com in order to access and stream/watch the videos from there. Once on the page, you can download any or all of the videos to your computer if you like.
- PDF transcripts of each video
Get it all for just $67
If you purchase both courses separately, it would cost $84. So you save $17 with this full course with the normal price.
- If you want ONLY The Newbies Guide to Audio Recording Awesomeness 1, which teaches just the basics and uses the free software, Audacity, for $37 – CLICK HERE.
- If you want ONLY The Newbies Guide to Audio Recording Awesomeness 2: Pro Recording With Reaper, for $47 – CLICK HERE.