No budget for gear or software? No recording experience? No problem!
Who Is This Course For?
It's for: Musicians who want more professional sounding recordings
It's for: Songwriters who want more professional sounding demos
It's for: Aspiring voiceover actors who want their demos to stand out from all the others
It's for: Anyone who wants first-class audio for podcasts, presentations, videos, and more
Enter The Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 1: The Basics With Audacity
You'll learn how to:
- Record your voice into your computer using free software
- Edit your recording to make it sound great
- Add a music track to your voice track (using royalty free music)
- Mix the music and voice tracks together to produce a sample podcast intro
- Create MP3s
- Create loops
- Overdub for lush voices and vocal harmony
And lots more...
What People Say About Our Tutorials
In the jungle of voice-over videos and classes, Ken Theriot of Home Brew Audio stands out. He makes the complicated understandable, your challenges manageable, and his services are affordable. Ken’s patience and persistence in solving my problems was an example to me of how to work with my audio software. He responded quickly and kindly to email questions. His common sense and laid-back approach made me feel comfortable and capable of learning. He helped me build a solid foundation on which to grow as a voice-over actor. I thank him and encourage you to use his service.
Damn that was simple and unlike other tutorials…it was explained crystal clear.
My recordings sound brilliant now, thank you!
You are truly the best DAW instructor on the net. I have been watching video after video of narcissists who teach me nothing. THANK YOU!!!
Very, very helpful and to the point! I was able to apply your tips instantly. Thanks a ton!
Hi Ken:…let me tell you that what I have learned from your videos in this short time was extraordinary. Your method of presentation and the way you teach is excellent. I was a teacher and educator. When I see a good teacher or listen to one, I know how good he/she is.
- Intro: “Start Using the Recording Studio You Didn’t Know You Had!”
- Lesson 1: Your First Recording
- Lesson 2: It’s Recorded…Now What? – Editing Your Audio
- Lesson 3: It’s Recorded…AND Edited…Now What? – Producing Your Audio
- Lesson 4: What is an MP3? – How to create audio for the web
- Lesson 5: Multi-Track Recording, (2 parts) – Learn the “Killer App” of audio recording, over-dubbing…otherwise known as “multi-track recording.” How to use the free recording software, Audacity, to make your 1st multi-track recording!
- Lesson 5a: Singing Harmony With Yourself” Even if you’re not a “singer,” this is mind-bogglingly awesome! Be your own backing vocals, acapella group, doo-wop group, or even choir!
- Lesson 5b: Vocal Doubling – How to double-your voice to get the sound so popular in hip-hop and pop recordings, as well as in radio ad TV ad voice-overs.
- Lesson 6: Loops – Music for Non-Musicians
Editing for Both Voiceovers and Music
- Lesson 7: Intro to FX – Equalization and Frequency
- Lesson 8: EQ&FX pt2 – Using FX To Solve Audio Problems: Learn how to fix “P-pops” (also called “plosives”) using equalization (EQ).
- Lesson 9: The Pros and Cons of the Zero-Fifteen Dollar Budget – All previous lessons have been do-able on a “0-15 dollar” budget. That will be enough for 80-90 percent of you. Learn the limitations of that budget level, and how to level-up for about $50 per level!