The Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 1
The Basics With Audacity Software
No budget for gear or software? No recording experience? No problem!
Who Is This Course For?
It's for: Musicians who want more professional sounding recordings
It's for: Songwriters who want more professional sounding demos
It's for: Aspiring voiceover actors who want their demos to stand out from all the others
It's for: Anyone who wants first-class audio for podcasts, presentations, videos, and more
Enter The Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 1: The Basics With Audacity
You'll learn how to:
- Record your voice into your computer using free software
- Edit your recording to make it sound great
- Add a music track to your voice track (using royalty free music)
- Mix the music and voice tracks together to produce a sample podcast intro
- Create MP3s
- Create loops
- Overdub for lush voices and vocal harmony
And lots more...
What People Say About Our Tutorials
Hi Ken:...let me tell you that what I have learned from your videos in this short time was extraordinary. Your method of presentation and the way you teach is excellent. I was a teacher and educator. When I see a good teacher or listen to one, I know how good he/she is.
I like the way you care to show every little thing you do and your friendly way of talking. Subbed.
Link Linky (YouTube)
Very, very helpful and to the point! I was able to apply your tips instantly. Thanks a ton!
Damn that was simple and unlike other tutorials...it was explained crystal clear.
Your videos helped me so so so much! Just a simple thank you is not enough but Thank you so much for doing this!
OH MY GOD MAN THANK YOU MUCH - I couldn't apply this effect without completely screwing up my sound and voice, but you explained this perfectly! Thanks!
Seven Sins (YouTube)
- Intro: “Start Using the Recording Studio You Didn’t Know You Had!”
- Lesson 1: Your First Recording
- Lesson 2: It’s Recorded…Now What? – Editing Your Audio
- Lesson 3: It’s Recorded…AND Edited…Now What? – Producing Your Audio
- Lesson 4: What is an MP3? – How to create audio for the web
- Lesson 5: Multi-Track Recording, (2 parts) – Learn the “Killer App” of audio recording, over-dubbing…otherwise known as “multi-track recording.” How to use the free recording software, Audacity, to make your 1st multi-track recording!
- Lesson 5a: Singing Harmony With Yourself” Even if you’re not a “singer,” this is mind-bogglingly awesome! Be your own backing vocals, acapella group, doo-wop group, or even choir!
- Lesson 5b: Vocal Doubling – How to double-your voice to get the sound so popular in hip-hop and pop recordings, as well as in radio ad TV ad voice-overs.
- Lesson 6: Loops – Music for Non-Musicians
Editing for Both Voiceovers and Music
- Lesson 7: Intro to FX – Equalization and Frequency
- Lesson 8: EQ&FX pt2 – Using FX To Solve Audio Problems: Learn how to fix “P-pops” (also called “plosives”) using equalization (EQ).
- Lesson 9: The Pros and Cons of the Zero-Fifteen Dollar Budget – All previous lessons have been do-able on a “0-15 dollar” budget. That will be enough for 80-90 percent of you. Learn the limitations of that budget level, and how to level-up for about $50 per level!